Here we go 'round in circles...

A circle is a shape found repeatedly throughout the world and is a symbol of perfection. It is acknowledged as an archetype of wholeness and integration, with the center symbolizing spirit...or essence. In Buddhist Mandalas, the circumference is "the grasping", i.e., grasping the essence.

This is a circular pendant I made using the filigree techniques I'm learning in class. It is made of 14K gold and fine silver. I had an exciting discovery while making the attached chain. Instead of using 22 gauge fine silver to make the round loops, I used Argentium 22 gauge sterling silver and was pleasantly surprised to find out they fuse beautifully. I did not melt one single loop as I fused them, which is unheard of in my studio! This is fantastic because I can now make chains that are both easier, stronger and highly tarnish-resistant. What could be better?

Comments

  1. Wow, it just keeps getting better and better over there! What a beautiful pendant, it's really pretty! And your pics of your jewelry lately are great, the move to the outdoors really makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jess. I'm so happy you like it. :)

    You're right about taking things outdoors to photograph. What a difference it makes. I'll take something out back, take about 10 shots of it, put it on the computer and pick the best one. Voila! Easy...and fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i live that pendant! you are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracie,
    Thanks for popping in. As you can see, I'm just learning filigree, but I think I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SilverGoldBull is your reputable silver & gold dealer. They will provide you with competitive, real-time rates and guarantee your bullion arrives to your door discreetly and securely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts