Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Autumn

It's been a beautiful fall day here in Georgia. Sunny and slightly cool with a pleasant breeze blowing the first of the leaves off the trees. It's getting dark outside earlier now, as well, which I'm always ready for. It's a true toss up between fall and spring, but I think this just may be my favorite time of year. What a perfect day to try out Karina's Black Bean & Sweet Potato Enchiladas! I would have never imagined combining sweet potatoes with black beans, so it's a good thing we have people like Karina around whose creativity knows no bounds.




When I first saw this recipe posted on her blog, "Gluten Free Goddess," it looked a little complicated. But it isn't. Once you get all the ingredients together, it's actually very simple...and quite tasty! Next time I will make a bit more of the sauce, though, and add a touch more goat cheese to each enchilada. As Karina suggested, I served this alongside a green salad with some mandarin oranges, and threw some dried cranberries and nuts on the top. This is a great meal for my vegetarian daughter. Can't wait to try it out on her when she's in town. :)

Recently I've been working on a filigree pendant while taking a break from all the pounding on metal involved with Repousse. You truly need to take time off every now and then or your neck/shoulder muscles will begin to scream. Here's a sterling silver pendant with a blue Kyanite stone and a cultured freshwater pearl I just finished. Because it is so small (about the size of a quarter), I've decided to use a purchased chain (oh, such guilt!) instead of trying to make a chain that would be small enough to look right. I truly don't think anyone will mind! :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful necklace!!! I love it. Do you sell your pieces?

    That recipe does look delicious; I'll have to try that this weekend if I have time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! Thanks for trying [and blogging about] the Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas.

    And your latest work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mappy! Glad you like it. I haven't gotten around to selling yet, but it's on the horizon...possibly. :)

    Thanks, Karina! Loved the enchiladas -- now I want to try your other enchilada recipes!

    Jess -- vegetarian kielbasa dogs? Wow! I didn't know they existed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the enchilada recipe after reading about it on your blog. They were SO YUMMY! And btw, your new necklace is beautiful.

    Veggie kielbasa dogs -- I think that sounds sketchy at best, I better talk to Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Michelle! I'm thrilled that you made Karina's enchiladas. They were good, weren't they? I'm going to try her chicken enchiladas next.


    :)

    ReplyDelete