
I am skipping my last Repousse class this evening because I have finished the two projects I started in that class and need a short break from all the pounding. It can be a bit rough on the neck and shoulder if one doesn't sit properly, something I need to work on. I do enjoy it, though, and find it somewhat meditative. Time flies by quickly as I sit in front of my bowl of red pitch, tapping away until the desired height and shape is achieved. Above is the celtic knot design, the first thing I made in class. Below is the bracelet, project #2.

I have learned a lot from doing this cuff bracelet. I discovered that by using 20 gauge silver, one is virtually guaranteed of never pounding hard enough to cut through the metal, but it does require a heavy hand to make the impressions. I realized too late that the tool I was using to line everything was too thick. Next time I'll know better.
When it was completely done, I formed it into a bracelet on a bracelet mandrel. Then I polished it up and it's now on my arm as I type! :) Next time I'll try doing another cuff bracelet with more variations of height in the design.
Really? I'm so glad you think so. I've been staring and pounding on these two pieces for so long now, I don't feel I'm even capable of being able to tell how they look to an outsider's eye. So, thanks, Jess! You know your opinion always means a lot to me. :)
ReplyDeleteKathy
ReplyDeleteThey look gorgeous, very touchy-feely! Your jewelry is stunning! If I saw it in a shop, I'd certaily buy it, to add to my collection of precious jems in silver
:)
your work is absolutely stunning!
ReplyDeleteMuchas Gracious Diane & Jewell! Hey Jewell -- I loved Eva Luna, too! Didn't the author write House of the Spirits, too? I also loved that one!
ReplyDelete:)
Hi, checked for Valentin on Blogspot and found your stuff. Very nice. I took a couple classes with him and am dying to go back--would especially like to go to Florence with him and Sharon. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas
C