Friday, June 26, 2009

A Camping We Will Go

I just returned from a great week up in Little Switzerland, North Carolina. This year I took an enameling class with Linda Darty, and it was the best! Linda is an excellent teacher and is a wealth of information. My head is still swimming with new ideas. I have wanted to take an enameling class for years, so to be able to finally take this class with Linda Darty was a dream come true. (Note: A special thanks to my friend, Pam, who switched classes with me to make this happen.)

We had a few technical issues - one of them being the kilns were heating up the room to an unbearable temperature. So the solution was to move the kilns outside. But then it started to rain. This is Bev and Tom firing their work in the rain.


We ate way too much. Three full meals a day. It felt like every couple of hours, the bell was ringing to let us know it was time to eat again. And like little lemmings, we all came out of our workshops and headed to the cafeteria. This is Charlotte , Donna & Susan (Susan was my very first metalsmithing teacher and I've taken many, many classes with her.)

A photo of one of the workshop cabins:


Just a few of Julia's admirers:


We're all looking forward to doing it again next summer!



This is one of the enameled cloisonne pendants I made in Linda's class. I call it the Love Bug.
: )


3 comments:

  1. Foarte interesant subiectul prezentat de tine.M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place tare mult
    Sigur am sa mai revin. O zi buna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work!

    BTW> One of my favorite teachers is also John Cogswell :)

    AND I'm Gluten free :) :)

    Oh, and I've been known to make a piece or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky! I loved my week at Wildacres in August 2008 - wasn't able to work it into the budget this year though.

    ReplyDelete

Sugalite Delight

My son gave me this unusual looking Sugalite stone for my birthday.  Lucky me! It's really lovely close up - it has small bursts...