cookieChoices = {};

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

She's got a ring in his nose and a ring on her hand

I don't even remember what song that line came from, but it's there, stuck in my brain forever. It was between that and "I'm so excited, I just can't hide it" because as I was finishing my ring today I was EXCITED! I rarely ever make rings, so as I began to see that this one was going to actually come out okay, I found myself feeling...well...ecstatic! :) Making rings can be difficult. You might start out trying to make a size 6, but by the time it's done, it can morph into a size 7. So I made an effort to make this one smaller than I needed. Sure enough, after polishing it all up, it fit perfectly. I wish I had made the opal's bezel in gold, though. It would have been prettier. But seeing as it was my first ring in well over a year, I didn't think it appropriate to be overly confident.

Last night was my very last filigree class. Oh oh...now I'm on my own. I'm still obsessed with it and have a pair of earrings in the pickle pot, a newly finished pair sitting in my jewelry box and a pendant waiting for a chain and a stone to be set into it. New ideas keep flooding in daily, which I'm drawing on some graph paper for future reference. My new designs, combined with my new acquisitions will keep me happy for a good long time!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Ooh, I love that ring! It just keeps getter better over here on Plays-With-Fire. Wish I could come to GA and steal all this jewelry from you!

brittany said...

Wow! I just had to leave a comment, because that ring is stunning. Ben was really impressed, too! :)

Kathy said...

I wish you could come take classes with me! You never did finish up that hinged bracelet you made in Susan's class. You could always give it to little Charlotte. :)

schrodinger said...

What a beautiful ring. Congratulations on getting the right size.

I'm excited by your excitement with all your fresh ideas.

Tracie B. said...

that's so pretty!

Kathy said...

Thank you ladies!

ed said...

Band: Savoy Brown
Album: Blue Matter
Year: 1969
Song Title: She's Got a Ring in His Nose and a Ring on Her Hand
Written by: Chris Youlden


well it aint somethin that i like to see
and i hope it never happens to me
when ya see a smiling woman and a frowning man
she got a ring in his nose and a ring on her hand

well i knew a guy and he was real funky ya know
that was of course until he got lucky
when ya see a smiling woman and a frowning man
she got a ring in his nose and a ring on her hand

now i know all you men think that you all right
and the one you got well she's alright
when ya see a smiling woman and a frowning man
she got a ring in his nose and a ring on her hand

well i knew a guy and he was real funky ya know
that was of course until he got lucky
when ya see a smiling woman and a frowning man
she got a ring in his nose and a ring on her hand

now i know all you men think that you all right
and the one you got well she's alright
when ya see a smiling woman and a frowning man
she got a ring in his nose and a ring on her hand
ring in his nose and a ring on her hand

ring in his nose and a ring on her hand

oh hows that
yeah
everybodys got to be unlucky sometime
thats the way it goes

Kathy G. said...

So the song was from Savoy Brown!!! Wow! That was a very, very long time ago. Thanks for letting me know, and for supplying the actual lyrics!