Step by Step Wire Jewelry Magazine

My article is finally out! The magazine just hit the stands today, and if you see it at Barnes and Noble, pick it up and flip to page 35 (I think that's where it is) and you'll see how to make the sterling silver bookmarks I made for my book club friends last December. Since this is the first time I've ever submitted anything whatsoever to be published, I'm pretty darn excited. The article is called "Bookmarks for Bookworms." I hope you have a chance to see it.

I spent an entire day etching this past weekend. It's truly a day-long process. First I found the designs I wanted, then copied them onto blue "P&P" paper. I then transferred the design onto brass (this was the hard part) before putting them into the etching solution for about an hour...sometimes more.

Here is one of the pendants I then made from one of my etchings. You can also find it on my new Etsy site.



After all the time it took getting the brass plate prepared and etched, it's a thrill to simply roll the metal through the rolling mill against the plate and have the designed transferred to the silver. I'm planning on making more with all the fun designs I have now.

:)



Comments

  1. Congratulations on the article! I saw it and didn't realize it was you. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how exciting! An article and an Etsy shop! I am so excited that you have an Etsy shop now ... I can't wait to look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deryn...Hi Carrie,

    Hey, thanks for stopping by! Yes, it's been an exciting week around here!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure is cool, having a published mummy.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts