Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Double Trouble

Earrings. I wear them just about every day, but they happen to be one of the things I make least often. Why? Because you have to make two of them. I need to get over that problem.

Here's a pair I made recently, experimenting with making tiny links out of 22 gauge sterling silver wire. It worked. I only melted maybe 1/4 of the links as I fused them.  Not a bad start.   :) The blue lapis beads add some color.



Did someone say double trouble?



Little do they know as they innocently lay there soaking up the sun that I am planning a little vacation for them at The Ruff House for a couple of days while I head to New York to visit Jess. Wait...they're looking at me funny...like they suspect me of something. They probably saw me putting their sleepover supplies in the car today.

I am SO excited about Thursday night in New York. Jess and I are going to have dinner at Risoterria , a restaurant in New York that makes gluten free Pizza!!! I haven't had pizza in a restaurant since the year 2000. The last time I was in New York, we went went to Happy, Happy, Happy, a gluten free bakery and stocked up on goodies. What a treat!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    Loved your jewelry! The opal necklace was soooo beautiful! Loved the dogs! So cute. I skipped the recipes!
    Love ya,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the girls look so cute sunning on the deck! Peru is SOOO jealous! Great earrings--I could use some new ones, if you happen to make too many, ha ha. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Sugalite Delight

My son gave me this unusual looking Sugalite stone for my birthday.  Lucky me! It's really lovely close up - it has small bursts...