Sunday, March 26, 2006

Pins and Needles

Jessica asked me to make her a pin for one of her knitted scarves to hold it together in the front. Susan gave me the idea to make a penandular brooch, and sent me home with one of her designs. So I made one this afternoon:



But I wondered if she would prefer more of a "pin" type of style, so then made this one:



Hmmmm...I still haven't made the straight pin design. It would be similar to a hat pin, but larger. My worry is it might fall easily out of the scarf. I think I'll give it a try anyway and see what happens.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy! All this work for moi? I'm so flattered! They both look beautiful, as do all your new photos--the jewelry looks happy out there in the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they really are both so beautiful! and what great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jewelry! The shawl pin is fabulous. (Saw your comment on Carrieoke's blog and just had to look.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, thanks girls! I am absolutely thrilled that you like the pins and photos. Thanks for leaving me a message!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy! The bottom one is stunning!
    Victoria

    P.S. Glad you liked class lass night. It's so funny to read about it on someone else's blog!

    ReplyDelete

Sugalite Delight

My son gave me this unusual looking Sugalite stone for my birthday.  Lucky me! It's really lovely close up - it has small bursts...