cookieChoices = {};

Friday, March 17, 2006

I love the smell of acetylene in the morning

This obsession with making jewelry happened FAST. After my very first metalsmithing class at Spruill Arts with Susan Saul, I think I was already making plans to buy a torch. When I did, I had to ask Dallas at JFF if he would please attach the torch to the tank for me because I didn't have a clue how to do it! He was very kind, thank goodness. Here's where I make stuff:

The problem lately is I can't find the time to design or work on new projects. Bella needs a lot of attention. In and out, in and out, all day long. She's only 5 months old, so it's expected, I guess. Here's the little bugger.
Oh oh -- Hannah will be jealous if I don't put her picture in here, too (they're SO competitive!)

Since I'm talking about jewelrymaking, here's photo of my latest pendant and chain. It's an Australian Opal and Garnet done in 18K gold and sterling silver.


I'm in a creative slump right now. Why else would I be spending this much time learning how to make a blog instead of upstairs making things? I need inspiration!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Way to go Mom! Your blog looks really good! In regards to inspiration, maybe you'll find some on someone's blog--I get cool new knitting ideas that way.
Give the girls big hugs for me!
Love, Jess

karina said...

Beautiful pendant!

Sara said...

WOW. This was like strolling through a gallery of your life these days. What a treat!
And Kathy, this is the Big Day for Birthdays. Please wish a happy one to Jess and David. And, fret not...Possibly #20 is the birthday where boys spend the day with pals, not parents. We returned early from Vermont in Deember so Taylor could celebrate the passage of the teen years with David, Colin, Sam, Nate and The Gang. Enjoy the City! With love, Sara

Stelle In Italia said...

che cani carini! your dogs are so cute! our dachsund ronnie just passed away--they make the best dogs. your little dog hannah reminded me of her. what a cutie!

(love the earrings too, by the way!)

-Jackie

Stelle In Italia said...

oops! i meant pendant! i was looking at the earrings on the post with the other dog pictures (okay, so i guess i'm saying i like the earrings AND the pendant :)!) the pendant is very neat and reminds me of some work my glass-making friends here in Italy do at their local glass store, but i love the little detail above, too!

nice work!

-Jackie