Sunday, April 02, 2006

Latest Bloomin' Creation

Phew! The pin took longer than anticipated. Anytime you add bezels and stones to a piece, it's going to take a bit longer...at least in my opinion. Here's the finished pin for Jessica's shawl (Sterling Silver with Amber, Jade & Garnet):



I can't imagine how it's going to stay in the shawl without falling out, even though I made the sterling silver straight pin part kind of squiggly for that very purpose. Susan suggested I make another one similar to the hair clips used in the past - the kind with a little stick that grabs the hair and slips through a rectangular base. It would be cute to attach the stick to the main clip with a little chain, as well. Holy Canoli! How many of these darn shawl pins can one person make???

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, pretty pretty! I'm so excited, I am going to have such a beautiful array of shawl pins! Maybe I should make some more shawls.
    It is so lovely, I can't wait to see it in person. Thank you, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - that is lovely!!!! And hey - my daughter's name is Jessica as well! lol. Mine is 17. :)
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is truly a beautiful pin! Your [lovely] daughter is one lucky daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Sugalite Delight

My son gave me this unusual looking Sugalite stone for my birthday.  Lucky me! It's really lovely close up - it has small bursts...